Raymond C. Dabney University is a unique and creative educational brainchild of its Founder, President and Chancellor, Raymond C. Dabney. Raymond C. Dabney came from humble beginnings; took advantage of all of the opportunities offered by this great country; and is now giving back those same opportunities to his future students. How is he doing this?
- R.C.D.U. has provided “law school for the rest of us”
- R.C.D.U. believes that financial challenges should NOT be a barrier to higher education. There was a time not too long ago that women and people of color were not admitted to law school. Those barriers have now been removed; but one gigantic barrier remains. Most law schools have only two types of students: 1. Rich kids; and, 2. Kids who are going to be in debt for years to come. This is not the case with R.C.D.U. thanks to the creative and philanthropic participation of Raymond C. Dabney.
- R.C.D.U. provides the following sliding tuition scale to address the financial barriers encountered by the financially challenged working poor.
The following is based on a regular yearly tuition of $14,500 per year.
If you earn less than $15,000 per year; you are eligible for a 100% scholarship each year.
If you earn less than $25,000 per year; you are eligible for a 75% scholarship each year.
If you earn less than $35,000 per year; you are eligible for a 50% scholarship each year.
If you earn less than $45,000 per year; you are eligible for a 25% scholarship each year.
If you earn more than $45,000 per year; you are still eligible for our affordable tuition of $24,500 yearly tuition; which is still 1/3 of the average law school tuition average of $45,230 per year. [See details in Tuition Section infra]
- R.C.D.U. provides unique enrollment opportunities. For example: Associate of Arts degree or 60 units or C.L.E.P. Test. [see details in enrollment section infra]
No Law School Admission Test [L.S.A.T..] [details infra] Trimester Enrollment [every 16 weeks]
- R.C.D.U. separates itself by being “outside the box” rather than traditional legal education “inside the box”. For example: 1. A combination of online law study and live seminars and workshops. We provide you enrollment in a California Online Law School which issues to qualified law students the opportunity to receive a Juris Doctorate degree [J.D.]; and eligibility to sit for the First Year Law School Exam [F.Y.L.S.X.] after Year 1 of law study; and the General Bar Exam [G.B.X.] after Year 4 of law study.
2. Dedicated law professors who provide the live legal instruction which supplements the online law study; greatly increasing the ability to pass those bar examinations. [One 8 hour day per week]
3. This combination of online law study and live legal instruction from experienced law professors provides “the best of both worlds.”
4. Legal Apprenticeship [the opportunity to work on actual cases]. One best learns Evidence, Criminal and Civil Procedure in a courtroom; not a classroom.
- R.C.D.U. incorporates those successful attributes of “inside the box”. For example: 1. The best law books and educational supplements in the country. You can buy your R.C.D.U. at Stanford or Berkeley; or at our recommended bookseller, Greg at www.thelawbookstore.com
2. The best testing procedures in the country. We use actual bar exam questions with recommended answers from the California Bar. Prospective law students are encouraged to pursue their “due diligence” by visiting the entire website. After doing so, then please contact one of our law professors by telephone and / or email for further information.